Saturday, March 24, 2007

Jumpin' Juncos!


My absence over the last day was spent working out a plan for a bird box.
The hopeful resedent is a dark eyed junco.We have this one junco that apparently didn't want to migrate.
And so he hangs out around our house.We adore his lively behavior and welcome his visits.And with the take down feeders date coming up fast we would like him ( or her. ) And it's next mate to hang out.So me and dad are scratching our heads and wondering if he'll come. ( We think were more likely to get a tree swallow. ) If he doesen't we'll probably get a differen't kind of bird. Like a tree swallow ( What did I say? ) And thats fine too.They keep down the poopulation of Mosqitos. ( Thank heavens for that! ) And are just a flat out pretty bird.My camera is having errors so I'll have to use moms or just get junco pictures off the web.Either way niether cameras took a verey good picture of my junco scetch,so you wont get to see it's full glory.
Hmmm mabye I'll do a post on Boreal chickadees next?Who knows.
~Zoey

5 comments:

Mary said...

Great sketch, Zoey! Keep up your good work with this blog. Soon, you'll see lots of color outdoors and new birds to sketch and photograph!

Zoey said...

Thanks Mary as soon as my foot is healed I will have lots of new bird shots for the blog.

entoto said...

Lovely junco! Good job, honey. We will get you out and about real soon.

Mary said...

Just take care of that foot, Zoey! We will all be patient and wait for good things here.

Zoey said...

Thanks.